Ingredients for 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Asian fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons of white distilled vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons of water
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped or to taste
Combine these ingredients until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- ½ cup of shredded carrot
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Small amount of vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped herbs such as mint, basil, or saw-toothed cilantro (culantro coyote)
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
- Fry half of the red onion until crispy and set aside.
- Combine all salad and dressing ingredients.
- Top with fried red onion and peanuts.
- Feel free to garnish with more lime wedges and chili peppers.