(For 6 to 8 servings)
- 1 kilo of raw octopus
- 1 medium, yellow onion chopped into small squares
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 6 sun dried tomatoes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar or apple cider or white balsamic or any good quality light colored vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro (can substitute for parsley if desired)
To tenderize octopus, you must immerse in boiling salted water for 45 minutes. Cool down, rinse off, and cut into small chunks. There might be a little cartilage in the head cavity which needs to be removed. Mix with remaining ingredients and allow to mellow in fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.