This month KSTR has been working hard on a strategic plan to move us forward. We have all the projects: Wildlife Rescue Center, Monkey Bridges, Wildlife Sanctuary, Reforestation, Organic Gardens for the wildlife we care for, and a new Volunteer Center and Program to educate students, biologists, vets, teachers about the rainforest and how they can help to save it.
We are very proud of our efforts to save the rainforest, but we have run into a little problem of not being able to fund them!
So we have a new Fundraising Director, Scott Braman, who is a graduate of Dartmouth College and a Fulbright Scholar who lived and worked with remote tribes in Ecuador’s Amazon. Scott is currently making important documentaries in LA, check out his website to see his work: http://www.scottcbraman.com/
Welcome aboard Scott!
With Scott’s help we have come up with several ways to raise donations and wanted to share them with you!
- We joined Razoo, which is a movement of people who want to make generosity a part of everyday life. Razoo believes that generosity is win-win. Not only does it make the world a better place, it also makes people happy and fulfilled. Check out our page at: http://www.razoo.com/story/Kids-Saving-The-Rainforest
- Scott created a new website dedicated solely to our new Volunteer Program that we will unveil next month
- We have a page to make direct donations on our website via Paypal: http://www.kidssavingtherainforest.org/donations.php.htm
- We now cater to destination weddings, where couples can make a donation to KSTR in honor of the guests. We make a great personalized poster to display, or if you prefer, certificates for your guests. Contact [email protected] to see how special they are.
- We have a impressive Facebook page showing the animals that we rescue and much more: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kids-Saving-the-Rainforest/146280833519
- Our 501 C 3 Non-Profit now uses our California address for our registration with the IRS U.S. as a tax deductible non-profit and we added registration as a non-profit in California to our status as a non-profit registered in Connecticut.
So join a wonderful cause and help us to save the rainforest! If you can’t make a donation, come shop in our newly redesigned souvenir store and check out the cool changes. It is the only store in the area where 100% of the proceeds go to save the rainforest!
Located adjacent to the Hotel Mono Azul on the road to the Manuel Antonio National Park! 2777-1548