By Jennifer Rice
If you are looking for a great holiday gift, we have the solution! Shop in the KSTR Store located adjacent to the Hotel Mono Azul Rainforest Restaurant in Manuel Antonio. You will get great value, (the prices are the best), and you will be saving the rainforest at the same time! (100% of the proceeds go to save the rainforest!)
As we look at the end of every year Kids Saving The Rainforest (KSTR) reflects on all of the gifts and support we have received through the year. We are so grateful to be able to help the world in fighting the battle of Climate Change and we are definitely making a difference, one tree, one animal, at a time. We continue to grow year after year in part by receiving support for our programs from you. We thank you all for helping to make this possible and wish you the best in 2013!
Since its inception, KSTR has grown in leaps and bounds. Our programs include:
- Rescue Center – the only legal rescue center in the area with a full-time veterinarian, a biologist and staff to care for approximately 120 wild animals rescued each year. Without this center, most of these animals would die!
- Monkey Bridge Program – with 130 bridges over the roads in the area, the endangered Titi Monkey population has gone from only 1200 to 3700!
- Wildlife Sanctuary – some rescued animals cannot be released into the wild, and need a place to live out their lives in safety. KSTR has a zoo license, and the animals help to teach people about the need to save the rainforest and the wildlife in it.
- Reforestation Project – KSTR has planted over 6,900 trees to date and aims to be sustainable by growing the zoo’s food. We thank Trees that Feed for donating 305 breadfruit trees this year to help make that possible.
- Volunteer program – a live-in program with incredible housing at the Wildlife Sanctuary. www.volunteer4kstr.org
- International Research Projects – on-going unique projects developed to provide a healthier future for wildlife, ecosystems and human beings.
- Sister Projects throughout the world that teach kids to save the rainforest, no matter where they live.
While KSTR continues to co-ordinate these various projects, we invite your financial support to help the Rescue Center. We are a 501 C 3 so it is a tax-deductible act that will help save the planet. Plus it is a great Holiday present for anyone; you receive a beautiful certificate in their name for any donation. Any donations over $100 receive a free KSTR t-shirt!
We are very excited to offer new long-term options, and have created a program with monthly donations between $10 and $1000. If you cannot be involved, please pass this on to everyone you know who might be interested and you will still be helping to save the Rainforest!
Thanks from all of us in the rainforest!
For more information, to contribute a donation, or to volunteer contact [email protected], or call 2777-2592