By Glen Bain- Costa Rica Pools
I have been asked by several people over the years….What is the best way to put chlorine into my pool? Well if you have ever wondered what the best ways are to add chlorine to your pool here are a few tips….
- Pool Filter should run at least 8 to 10 hours per day ideally you want all the pool water to run through the filter at least one time per day. Set your pool timer or remember to run the pool manually if you don’t have a timer. It is best to run the system during the daylight hours (instead of night) but always run it when people are using the pool.
- Make sure your skimmer baskets are empty and clear of leaves or other debris. When you have obstructions in the baskets this makes it harder for the pump to do its job and causes more wear and tear on the pump.
- Chlorine must be added to the pool daily in one of the following ways:
- One method is to use a chlorine floater with slow dissolving chlorine tabs inside it. Keep the floater in pool at all times and refill it weekly or as needed.
- The best method is to use an automatic inline chlorine feeder. These units are plumbed into the system and they have a control dial so you can adjust the level of chlorine being fed into your pool. Make sure the unit is full and that the dial is set to a level that gives you a good daily chlorine reading depending on how long you run your system.
- Another method is to place the slow dissolving chlorine tabs directly into the skimmer basket in the skimmers once per week or as needed.
- Another method but the least manageable is to manually add either granular chlorine or quick chlorine tabs to pool skimmer every day. Don’t forget or your pool will turn green!!!
- All methods of adding chlorine to the pool have their positive and negative aspects. All in all, the automatic in line chlorine feeder is a time tested method and ensures that you ALWAYS have a good chlorine level.
If you would like more information or prices on any of these items please call Costa Rica Pools QUEPOS 2777-1700 or JACO 2643-3227.