For 24 poppers
- 12 green jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 cup of shredded taco cheese
- 24 mini hot dog smokies
- 24 strips of good quality bacon
- Split jalapeños in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and membranes in order to make hollow little green canoes.
- Mix cream cheese, onion powder, shredded cheese and place a small dollup inside each jalapeño canoe.
- Press a little hot dog smokie into each pepper and wrap with bacon strip.
- Place into baking pan with the seam on the bottom. Be generous with the overlapping bacon—it is crucial for holding these bites together.
- Bake for 15 minutes, drain and then bake for a final 5 minutes before serving.