This is a crowd-pleaser, and a creative way to serve leftover chicken (or other proteins). The rice vermicelli, shredded vegetables, sweet, sour, and spicy vinaigrette will make you want to finish the bowl.
- 1/2 cup good quality soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil for sautéing
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- A small amount of shredded ginger
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 package of rice vermicelli—the whole package
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1 big Costa Rican carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks of scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 thinly sliced hot chili pepper (optional)
- 1/2 kg of cooked chicken or other meat, sliced thinly.
- Boil water in a large pot for the vermicelli. When pour contents of the package into boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until soft, strain, set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, preferably non-stick, fry the garlic, ginger, and scallions until fragrant in the vegetable oil.
- Add the shredded cabbage, and the celery and carrot.
- Stir fry the vegetables and then add meats, noodles, brown sugar, and liquid ingredients. Mix all very well and serve warm or cold.
- You can garnish with chopped nuts, cilantro, sesame seeds. Yum!